Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Summer Tan

So here lies the question, summer is litterally around the corner, and my birthday is even closer.
Ive always looked amazing with a tan but i dont seem to tan as well in australian sun compared to say sun in new caledonia lol. I also hate lazing around in the sun and sweating.
I have never been to a solarium but a gf of mine mentioned it, and says her sister loves it, now i have asked around a fair bit and there have been alot of mixed answers

some say solariums are great, safer than the sun
other says solariums are a killer compared to the sun

of course the alternative is fake tan and spray tans, but oh how i hate them.

That long grueling process of putting on fake tan, and exfloiating and then doing all over again a few days later to keep it up. although it does look great its just so time consuming doing it all summer.

Spray tans ive never been a fan of, i find i get one, and it always washes off completely.
yes please a tan like that thanks would be great...
so what are your opinons to fake tan or sun bed?

On a more exciting note birthday plans are all in place, I have hired a appartment in the city for saturday and sunday night. There will be a dinner saturday night with my close friends followed by clubbing, and then sunday will everyones all fave SUNDAY SESSION.
The only downfall in all my planning is that, my sydney plans have fallen apart.
since the break up my dad said he would take me to sydney and use the 2nd ticket, but now he has also cancelled on me due work commitments.
My dilemma is this I really wanna go to syd cuz I havent been and I wanna do the tourist thing...so do I go on my own for 2 nights and spend my Birthday lonely (my bday falls on the day Im in syd) or do i forfeit the trip and stay home and spend it with my mummy....decisions decisions

6 comments:

  1. I used to sunbake religously because, like most girls, I look killer with a tan. Then I actually started to care about my skin as I got older so now I just use Dove Summer Glow because a) I would never sunbake now in the sun OR in a solarium (they are as bad as eachother) and b) I hate spray tans - I think they look really fake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do tan quiet easily but would like to look after my skin so when i turn 30 i still look early 20's LOL. so i think im just gonna fake tan with dove or garnier.
    If i happen to be at the beach i might get a small tan but not intentionally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this isn't really going to mean much right now, but your 20s will fly by and before you know it you'll be 30, the first little wrinkles will start to appear and you will literally curse yourself for tanning - whether in the sun or a solarium. The only safe tan is a fake one. You will care WAY more about having wrinkles than you do now about dealing with fake tan - I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please please please don't use a solarium! Or even sunbake. It's soooo bad for you and skin cancer is so common. I had skin cancer earlier this year and I've never really sunbaked. It's an awful thing I wouldn't wish on anyone. Please don't think it can't happen to you.

    Fake tan all the way! It is time consuming and annoying but it's better than cancer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ladies you can all breathe easy, i have thought about it, and of course your comments have contributed and I have dexcided Im going to do the hard yards and just fake tan.
    I will be 25 next year and i feel i should be taking more care of my skin for the future

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're faking it! I was just about to wax lyrical about the dangers of solariums but I think you've saved us both :)

    ReplyDelete