Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Self Respect

I  sometimes question whether I have enough self respect for myself.
There are times when I question what am I doing and is this the right action Im taking.

I spent 5 years loving him more than anything, I would of pulled the stars out of the sky for him. I truely thought I was the luckiest girl on earth to find someone like him who loved me.
He was the only person I have ever fully trusted in and confided to, the only one I let in.
5 years of laughter, tears, fights, love and endless hours of talking.

So after all thats said and done...what is the next right step?

I feel stupid and pathetic sometimes, i feel like I should cut him off and run, never look back.

Am I stupid for wanting to keep this strong friendship with him, even after he cheated, and lied, and cheated and lied some more. Am I stupid for letting him have my friendship, because after he found out the horrible thigns she said to me he continued their friendship.

Am  I not respecting myself enough?

The thing is I dont know  how to say goodbye to someone who holds such a big part of my life. I dont know how to turn off this feeling of love I still have for him after everything...

What is right and what is wrong, when do I start losing my self respect?

3 comments:

  1. Hello, just dropping by from the vogue forums. Don't really have any groundbreaking advice but just wanted to let you know that everybody gets over breakups they're own way. When you're ready, you will know =)

    Life's too short ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another VF friend here... I guess most of us have been heart broken and I have been cheated on - once I hung on for a few more years until we nearly killed each other, the other I forgave and am still with and about to be married. Both were entirely different situations with obviously different outcomes. I chose to forgive my partner based on so many reasons and continually questioned my 'self respect' for a long long time. You can only torture yourself so much. Break ups are awful. They get better, then worse, then better again. Then sometimes worse when you least expect it.

    But it passes...

    I've always found it helped me to hear other people's break up stories when I was going through it ie. if they can get through it I will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your words of advice ladies, it does really help hearing other peoples story, it gives me that boost to think i can do this :D
    congrats on things working out and the wedding coming up

    ReplyDelete